Hi all,

I have extracted from my "Frankenstain" OpenJUMP Jufre a couple of plugins that
could be useful on OJ.

As usual, to explain the usage and the function, I did a plugin which I added
to this mail that people can test (zoom.jar)

These
 plugins are basically a zoom in, zoom out (already   on OJ) and a
center zoom plugins. They are activated, under a "Zoom" submenu" on
left-click View menu.

I took the idea from Kosmo software. The
plugins are basically the same of the Kosmo originals with few
modifications in order to let them work with OJ.

- The Plugins -
"Zoom In" zooms of 0.5 factor to the point of the cursor.
"Zoom
 out" is basically the same as the one embedded in OJ. It zooms to 2.0
factor. I put here in order to show the new icon and the position of
this plugin according to the two other ones.
"Zoom to Click" basically set the center of the view at the cursor position. It
has no zoom effect (factor is 0.0)

All tree plugins have new icons that should explain the usage.

Why these tree zoom plugins on left-click view menu?
When the user is drawing a geometry, it is very important that he/she can:
 a) define the accuracy of the drawing geometry. Zoom in and Zoom out allows to
do it
b)
 finish to draw that geometry outside the starting view, if the image to
 be drawn is outside. "Zoom to Click" allows to change the position of
the view, according the cursor tool

We have on OJ keyboard plugins for that.

But zoom plugins available on
 the context menu are more easy to remember than keyboard ones. On the other
hand they can be used on a tablet pc (no keyboard).
And Context left-click menu on the view is always accessible by drawing tools
(and other tools) while drawing a geometry

I ask the people to do this test to see how these plugins could be useful

- start to draw a simple line from west to east.
- when you reached the eastern side of the view, you cannot go on drawing the
line. Don't double click to stop drawing(!)
- left-click and choose "Zoom to Click"
- You will see that the center of the view is changed and so you can go on
drawing.

If
 you think that these plugins are useful. I image that the right
position of them on the menus could be together with the other zoom
plugins.

The actual zoom plugins (In English):
--------------
Fence
Zoom to Selected Items
Zoom out
-------------

If we adopt
 these new zooms:
-------------
Fence
Zoom to Selected Items
Zoom In
Zoom Out
Center Zoom

This is my proposal. I would like to have your opinion after a test

regards

Giuseppe