sounds like we should split ViewAttribute and InfoPanel (new
subclasses?) to be more flexible in whay tools are in the toolbar.
I agree more or less with Michael comments: e.g. i) toolbar on top is
fine, ii) zoom to layer doesn't need to be there too, iii) Save
button... well???

and:

> Feature Info Tool can select only features on the selected layers : not
> sure I would like to have this behaviour. One can already make layers
> selectable or unselectable. It seems to me that adding a rule (selected
> and selectable layers) as the default behaviour would be a bit confusing.

agreed! its unnecessary if the function observes the "selectable" mode

4 cents now ;)