 Da: Matthias Scholz <m...@jammerhund.de>
A: OpenJump develop and use <jump-pilot-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Inviato: Domenica 1 Gennaio 2012 16:10
Oggetto: Re: [JPP-Devel] Feature Info Tool and Layer Attributes Statistics

Hi,

here are my notes to the changes. From usability site it's bad that
    one function is available more than once. The problem is that the
    GUI will be more and more bloated. We should exactly consider where
    the best place for the every tool is. Most users are confused, if
    one function is reachable on more than one places. But there are
    exceptions, that make sense.
For most of my use cases the statistics(min, max, avg...) tool is
    not useful in the attribute view, because we rarely have numerical
    attributes in our data. But this are my subjective point of view!!!

Perhaps we should discuss about a completely
    configurable/declarative GUI in the future. Especially with the view
    to tablet devices, on which we don't need the hole functionality of
    all plugins/functions. So it could be easier to build a OJ for
    desktop and a OJ for tablet/stylus usage.

Just my 2 cent....

Matthias

Hi,

>>View/Edit schema : very useful for ViewAttribute plugin, not working (NPE)
>>for InfoPanel if several layers are displayed (should not be available for
>>InfoPanel IMHO)
>>- View/Edit schema is also activated using right click on View Attribute
>>panel. I think that a view/edit schema button on the toolbar is more visible.
So, View/Edit schema should be available in the attribute toolbar (and not in
the right-click context menu) for the ViewAttribute Panel (single layer), and
the opposite for the Info Panel (several layer).

>>Statistics : very good idea for ViewAttribute plugin, not working (NPE) for
>>InfoPanel if several layers are displayed (should not be available for
>>InfoPanel IMHO)
>>- I like the idea to add Attribute plugins as button on the Attribute panel
>>toolbar. I did some tests on OJ jufre (add area/perimeter or calculator
>>plugins). But there are still some problems to solve (values not correctly
>>displayed, etc).
I would say Statistics shoud be only available in ViewAttribute and not in info
panel (where it actually throw a NPE).

>Maybe there is a small design issue preventing us to customize
      layer attribute view toolbar without having side effects in info
      panel toolbar...