Hi Jukka,

  I haven't posted for a while, but I'm still listening.  Your post
reminded me that OJ still doesn't have one of my favorite features in
SkyJUMP: the layer file.  These are basically project files per layer.
They are created when you use the Archive Selected Datasets menu option.
It creates a zip file containing all of the selected layers (using their
current file format) along with a project file (with the jmp extension)
that has the same filename as each archived layer .  The zip file can then
be used to deliver data along with associated style information to others
without any file path problems.  The recipient of the archive can choose to
open it directly and work on it in-place (all changes will be written back
into the zip file), or extract it and Merge the selected layer project
files into their current project.

This feature has been in use at ISA for many years and we consider it
essential to using JUMP to work on projects with multiple people editing at
the same time.

regards,

Larry Becker
ISA