Hi,

MultiInputDialog is what we call in germany an "eierlegende Wollmilchsau"
(lit. an egg laying wool-milk-sow, engl. jack of all trades device).

I really like the concept; and MultiInputDialog is very usable in terms of
creating dialogs for plugins easily. But it hides to much of the underlayout
Swing elements.

One year ago I started to rework some of the concepts for using it
in PlugIns. I'll present some of the aspects in a later post.
Let's see !

I've significantly reworked the MultiInputDialog design about one year ago,
because I wanted to make it extendable to MultiTabInputDialog and to add
some other components like the one to choose a Layer's attribute.
I did not want to create a second framework and spent a considerable effort
to make it more extendable without breaking anything.

A long time before, I tried to introduce buoy ,which, I thought, had
a clever design for UI development (still used by simple query plugin),
but I used MultiInputDialog for all further developments.

Of course, there are probably other (better) ways to do, so I'm quite
interested into your proposition.

By the way, what is your use case ?

Michaël

Regards