Hi Michael and others,

Michael, I am not blaming you and I know that you are careful with
theses things,... And yes, I know there was no feedback to Noder and
Union plugin. Because, I think, it was fine.

However, for the renaming a while ago.. I was travelling and did not use
OJ much since. Though, the original naming was partly from me - and that
maybe why I am now "more active" on that too.

And with respect to your note on that its very short before a major
release: Yes, its exactly why I am going trough it - and because I have
not seen descriptions of the changes earlier for any of the in-between
releases after 1.4.1 and started to look for "Transfer attributes" and
the polygon intersection functions in my recent work and when I was
trying to update documentation (But of course, maybe I did not read all
the change/release notes).

However, to come to the core points:
====================================

(i) Overlay Polygon Layers.
I thought about "merge" too, but you are right - its not just putting
them together. Though the term "Overlay" is not descriptive at the end,
but your argumentation w.r.t. text book definition of overlay is
correct. Not sure, maybe we leave it then this way.

(ii) Spatial Join -> Transfer Attributes to Layer
as you noticed, its DBMS speak. I really can't see why we should adopt
it, because the words "Spatial Join" indicates a "geometry" operation to
me. At least we should say "Spatial Join of Attributes" or so.

(iii) Spatial Join with Aggregation -> Transfer and Aggregate Attributes
to Layer

good comment by you on the aggregation, so I changed my proposal

(vi) Polygon Intersection (one layer):
I am going to add that function back - but to the "edit geometry"
submenu, as this seems to be the place to make ops within a layer that
are related to creating new datasets (well.. holds also for buffer, but...).

So - for everyone who reads until here:
please can I ask for the opinion on namening/re-naming back to earlier
changes?

stefan