Am 16.03.2012 22:55, schrieb Stefan Steiniger:
> fortunately Michael was faster in doing the commit :)
>
> thanks Sascha and good to know you are still around.
> stefan
>
> On 16/03/2012 3:12 PM, Michaël Michaud wrote:
>> Thanks Sascha,
>>
>> Nice to know you're still working with OpenJUMP
>> Your patch is committed.
>>
>> Remember you still have commit rights for the project.
>> Your contributions are welcome ;-)
>>
>> Nice to know OJ is working on small devices with android.
>> I think some OJ project members were interested.
>>
>> Michaël

Yes, I'm still around. ;-)

Thank you for applying the patch.

It eases compiling and running OpenJUMP by only having
subversion, a JDK and maven2 installed. Of cause you
can use the bundled start scripts but for a quick-fix, compile
and run turn-around loop this way is more convenient IMHO.

I'm currently playing around with Android and have set up a
Debian/Sid/armhf chroot environment on my tablet which
allows me to run OpenJUMP with OpenJDK6, too.

A photo of OpenJUMP running on this setup can be found here [1].

I've shown it to Matthias Scholz at the FOSSGIS, who btw
did a greater job there to promote OpenJUMP *thumbs up*.

Building a native OpenJUMP on Android (without the chroot)
would be an interesting task with a lot of work near to the
point of infeasibility (maybe beyond).
I've given some thought about this, but this discussion
would be a nice topic for a separate thread. ;-)

- Sascha

[1] http://dl.dropbox.com/u/23366205/openjump/openjump-on-tablet.jpg