Feature Requests item #3516240, was opened at 2012-04-09 14:47
Message generated for change (Comment added) made by michaudm
You can respond by visiting:
https://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=679909&aid=3516240&group_id=118054

not just the latest update.
Category: JTS/Geometry
Group: None

Initial Comment:
This function could take place in general Geometry Functions or in a specific
plugin.
It should handle 3d geometries.
One use case is to conflate two linear networks using topology plugin.
It works well if the lines to move have more points than the reference and are
changed into segments before processing.

Date: 2012-04-19 07:00

Message:
Indeed, it was not in JTS.
There is something similar in DouglasPeucker algorithm, but I had to
completely write the densifier function.
Added in Tools > Analysis > Geometry functions plugin (r2812)

We'll see later if we want to add it in a generalization extension or if we
want to use it as an option of Topology plugin.

Michaƫl

Comment By: mentaer (mentaer)
Date: 2012-04-09 18:26

Message:
it is already in JTS or no?
mhm.. could go to Geometry Function or "edit geometry" (Actually it would
belong into the Generalization menu - although it does the opposite,
because this way smoothing operations will work differently)