 Da: Stefan Steiniger <sst...@geo.uzh.ch>
A: OpenJump develop and use <jump-pilot-devel@lists.sourceforge.net>
Inviato: Domenica 29 Aprile 2012 6:19
Oggetto: Re: [JPP-Devel] New CSV-driver eats original X- and Y-fields

Hei,

I think best is to have both:
the CSV keeps the original coordinates as attributes (for points)
and a separate plugin that extracts the coordinates as attributes.
I am actually not sure, can the Attribute Calculator do that?

The first is usefully for instance for (animal) tracking data in WGS84
that need to be transformed into the local UTM system for analysis.

but then: it actually works only for points not for lines or polygons...
so you would need to decide about centroid or interior point or ...

stefan