he is somehow right. technically there is no reason to cancel drawing when
switching between a drawing tool and a tool for navigation or selection. this
get's difficult though when user switches drawingtool1 -> panning ->
drawingtool2. to handle these case, to have not two unfinished geometries, we'd
have to have a drawing tool registry to tell /all/ drawing tools to cancel
drawing. maybe too much effort.

..ede