wrt. to size. current plan (jars are already in snapshots) is

CORE contains only imageioext core components & non native formats
PLUS additionally contains imageioext native format components

the native libs then have to be provided by the users as described before.

you can compare sizes of snapshots and it to be little in comparision to the
functionality gained.

..ede