Michael:

Your comments are excellent, as they always are. :] Thanks for taking the
time to respond.

In plug-ins that need a spatial index, I will build anb STR Tree on the fly
for feature collections that aren't already indexed.

Thanks for the suggestion!

In the meantime...perhaps I can run some timing tests on spatial indices.

Landon