On 20.10.2014 12:22, Rahkonen Jukka (Tike) wrote:
> Hi,
>

> Since yesterday GDAL can read and write the JUMP JML format
> http://gdal.org/drv_jml.html

well done

SNIP

> I believe that GDAL JML driver will make is easier to use OpenJUMP in
> workflows where data comes from various sources and several programs are used
> in the processing chain.

agreed

> For testing the driver a GDAL from current trunk (revision r27882 or higher)
> is needed. Windows users can get ready made binaries from
> http://gisinternals.com/sdk/ by selecting some of the “development” versions.
> The GDAL tool to use is ogr2ogr http://gdal.org/ogr2ogr.html. As an example,
> for converting data from MapInfo tab into JML format the command to use is

i will update PLUS snapshot as soon as possible

> ogr2ogr –f JML output.jml input.tab
>

> Feedback is welcome. I already noticed that at least on Windows with Finnish
> locale OpenJUMP claims to store XML in UTF-8 which is not true.

how do you mean? is this a bug?

> Driver is written by Even Rouault and donated to OpenJUMP community by me.

thank You :).. and you (Even Rouault)!

do you have a list of GDAL vector formats? we should probably add a
FileReader/Writer for those formats converting via ogr2ogr behind the scenes as
soon as possible.

..ede