On 20.10.2014 21:18, Rahkonen Jukka (Tike) wrote:
> Hi Ede,
>
> I believe that UTF-8 behaves well now. At least I can see similar figures in
> OJ r4071 and in Spatialite-gui where I have converted the .jml file with GDAL.

it's not about the figures but the attribute values.. are they consistent?

> Could your change has some effect in other places where XML is written and
> read like saving and opening OJ project files and SLD style files?

possibly.. i changed GMLReader to honor encoding, that should be backwards
compatible.. GMLWriter is another story, i forced it to always write UTF-8
which might be an issue if a XML-template is used that enforces a different
encoding.

GMLWriter is used to write JML, FMEGML and of course GML files. do we really
need to honor template give encoding values there?

..ede