Hi Uwe and Jukka,
I reproduced the same error message.
I checked the Raster Info class and tried to find a solution with no
success. I will see on next days.
As far as I remember I had the same problem with raster images saved by
openjump (like "save view as image").

I will write a note about Jukka'ss test on our wiki on-line manual.

I tested that reducing the decimals to 2:

0.83
0.0
0.0
-0.83
63900.0
51800.0

the Layer info works. The difference in Easting/Northing (at that position)
between the original worldfile and the new one is only of few millimtres.
See the following screenshot.