Thanks Jukka and Muchaelm
Probably layer property is what I look for.
I am working around a plugin that  exports multiple selected layers (at
least vector, referencedimage and sextante raster) to a defined folder,
without modifying the OJ layer tree ( ex SaveDatasetAsPlugin usually
substitute the original file with the saved file on the layer tree). I
already have a prototype of such plugin and I found useful in a productive
context. I wanted to add a possibility to automatically divide multiple
geometries in a separate primitives when saving to shape files.
Peppe