Jukka:

I did some work on a TIN plug-in for GeoTools a few years ago with a Summer
of Code project. I know there is also TIN code as part of JTS.

I don't think either of these got incorporated in to JUMP/OpenJUMP.

Do you need the TIN WKT file format for a specific purpose?

Landon

On Fri, Dec 2, 2016 at 8:57 AM, Giuseppe Aruta <giuseppe.ar...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Good question
> there was a Google summer of code some years ago about OpenJUMP and TIN.
> AFAIR Landon should have more information about it
> Peppe

> maanmittauslaitos.fi>:
>
>> Hi,
>>

>> It seems that the Triangulation function in OpenJUMP handles the Z
>> coordinate and creates triangles which could be combined into TIN.
>>

>> With four source points:
>>

>> POINT ( 420 560 25 )
>>
>> POINT ( 420 720 10 )
>>
>> POINT ( 620 720 20 )
>>
>> POINT ( 620 560 15 )
>>

>> Triangulation creates two triangles as polygons:
>>
>> POLYGON (( 420 720 10, 420 560 25, 620 560 15, 420 720 10 ))
>>
>> POLYGON (( 420 720 10, 620 560 15, 620 720 20, 420 720 10 ))
>>

>> I suppose that as a TIN these two triangles would look like
>>
>> TIN ((( 420 720 10, 420 560 25, 620 560 15, 420 720 10 )), (( 420 720 10,
>> 620 560 15, 620 720 20, 420 720 10 )))
>>

>> Has anybody made OpenJUMP TIN-abled?  TIN is pretty close to
>> multipolygon, but OpenJUMP knows that multipolygons are not allowed to be
>> side-by-side and therefore it is not possible to use a workaround to
>> combine polygons into multipolygon and finally edit WKT and change
>> MULTIPOLYGON->TIN. Now OpenJUMP builds a geometrycollection and there is
>> much more to edit.
>>

>> -Jukka Rahkonen-

Landon
"Homemade cookies. Hmmmmmmmmmm!"