Le 11/03/2018 à 18:07, edgar.sol...@web.de a écrit :
On 3/11/2018 17:45, Michaël Michaud wrote:
Migrating to jts 1.15 will probably break a lot of plugins. How do you think we
should manage this migration ?
preferably with a compatibility layer, eg. two classloaders, one w/ old, one
new jts. or standin JTS classes in OJ core, that fix incompatibilities on a one
by one basis.
Can you elaborate about how using two classloaders can help us ?
I think that as soon as the new Geometry class will be used in Feature's, every
plugin importing a Geometry from the old vividsolutions package will have to be
changed (including extensions...) .
could you point to docs describing the changes or explain the incompatibility
between the two Geometry classes a bit more detailed?
https://github.com/locationtech/jts/blob/master/MIGRATION.md
so it is not really an incompatibility, but they actually dared to change the
package name? and instead of making it generic, they made it into another
company name :)), well done!
Yes, sorry if my previous mail did not make that clear.

before we start replacing all over the project let's see if we can patch our
classloader to simply load from the different package? that would save us from
digging through all extension jars and fixup imports there.
Wow, it seems magic to me.
Do you mean loading new jts15 classes with their old name so that they match current code instructions ? Indeed, I'm afraid about the complexity added by such a solution but if it could make external extension still work without change, it would be a very good point.
d'accord? ..ede
It would be a nice temporary solution. Maybe until the next version. When jts will add new classes / methods, it will become very confusing.

I just checked some famous libraries using jts.
Seems like deegree still use jts1.13 and geotools still use jts1.14.