Hi Michaël,
thanks for the comments.

*interaction with "display vertex symbol" in Basic Style panel and "display
vertex symbol" in Color Theming panel is difficult to understand. I think
that the option is supposed to be driven by the checkbox of the color
theming panel, but it also interacts with the one of basic style. I tried
without success to understand why sometimes I get both the small square and
the symbol defined in the vertex color theming displayed*.

Yes. That is not fine to have two symbols overlapping. While simple method
removing vertex style (whenever user sets a new single/classification
cadplan symbology) works in many common situation. In other case it throws
some severe exceptions and XBasicStyle class seems not accept a VertexStyle
null. I will give a look in the next days. I think I will have to rewrite
some codes and eventually see if there are some "left over" on ColorTheming
classes of Open jump.

*if i check the option to resize the symbol according to the map scale, I
loose the color-theming symbols*

I think the option resizes symbols to their real dimension without taking
into account the scale of the view, which is possibly the main option that
the user would consider (for instance, zoom to 10000, consider that the
size of the symbols are accurate for that scale, than define that symbols
will be smaller or bigger whenever the zoom is changed). I didn't touch
this part of the original code. I will give a look.

*when line decoration is activate is checked, double click on a symbol open
the symbol chooser, not the line decoration chooser*

This is not intuitive. Cadplan line decoratorion is made by the standard
line decoration (driven by Standard OJ symbol plugin) with associated
vertex symbols.
Whenever the user click on the (line) symbol it pops up a symbol chooser
only, may I should add to this chiiser also some commands to choose also
line thinkness and strike: this will be more intuitive and useful.

*about labels : i think it is fine to have added a panel inside the cadplan
extension for that, but it would be nice to have the same options in the
standard style panel and in the cadplan panel. Currently, there are
additional options in the standard panel (overlapping labels, halo,
vertical alignment...) and other options in the cadplan plugin like
labeling point/lines/polygons. What about adding the missing option in the
standard panel and reusing it as is in the cadplan panel ?*

This is another part that I didn't touch, only reorganized the menu.
Labeling on cadplan plugin are integrated into the class
ExternalSymbolsStyle (an extension of VertexStyle.class) and associated.
While OJ labeling use other classes, as far as U renember. Indeed it would
be fine to have all these option in one java container and to make simpler
and more intuitive commands.

In these days I am traveling. I will give a look to the code of the plugin
in a week or two.

BTW. The new cadplan plugin has had ad will have so many changing and
add-ons that I am considering to move out as a separate project, like an
"Advanced Style" plugin

Peppe