looks like the geoserver folks added an exception for EPL and others to their
GPL2.
https://docs.geoserver.org/stable/en/user/introduction/license.html

unfortunately we cannot relicense our sources as we cannot get the ok from
_all_ developers/companies having laid hands on it over time. but even if we
could, i understand that adding exceptions to the GPL makes your software
itself incompatible with plainly GPL licensed products. not sure how the
geoserver people solved that issue.

so just to sum up: EDL is a BSD-style license that can be pretty much paired
with anything, so being GPL'd we will use JTS under EDL. right?

..ede