On 19.08.2020 21:45, michael michaud wrote:
> Finally found it : you were right when you said that the database loader
> could be at fault if, by design or flaw, it did not read dates as dates.
> This comes from r6129, when you added FlexibleFeature in database loader. At
> the same time, the DateConverter has been changed to always read dates
> (indeed timestamp) as Strings. The comment is : "speedup loading datasets w/
> date/time columns utilizing flex feature lazy conversion"
>
> I propose to revert this change, but I let you check it first if you remember
> another reason to replace the previous code of DateConverter.

there is a fallback to FlexDateParser that was commented as well to speed up
things. how about we keep

ret = rs.getTimestamp(columnIndex);

but leave the FlexDateParser fallback commented? as you seem to have a
spatialite dataset how about you patch & test it? ..ede

---

** [bugs:#497] Shapefile export slowed down because of FlexibleDateParser**

**Status:** open
**Created:** Mon Aug 17, 2020 11:47 AM UTC by michael michaud
**Last Updated:** Wed Aug 19, 2020 07:45 PM UTC
**Owner:** michael michaud

Exporting a big dataset to shapefile (1 300 000 objets - around 225+115 Mb)
with version 1.15 lasted more than 20 minutes.
Most of the time is used by FlexibleDateParser.parse().

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because jump-pilot-devel@lists.sourceforge.net is
subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/jump-pilot/bugs/

To unsubscribe from further messages, a project admin can change settings at
https://sourceforge.net/p/jump-pilot/admin/bugs/options.  Or, if this is a
mailing list, you can unsubscribe from the mailing list.