---

** [feature-requests:#271] Extend capaiblities of Cadplan vertex symbology
plugin**

**Status:** open
**Created:** Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:11 AM UTC by Giuseppe Aruta
**Last Updated:** Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:11 AM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

<Copied from bug ticket 89>

see email by Geoff:
New Vertex Symbols Plugin : 11. July 2007: 3:31

Dear Giuseppe

Thank you for your comments. Please see my responses below:

geoff

Giuseppe Aruta wrote:

> Hi Geoff,
>
> I would like to ask you some questions about your
> plugins. These are not requests, but ideas that I had
> since I think your plugins is very important for OJ
> and I use them quite a lot.
>
> 1) Do you plan to add on your vertex plugin the
> possibility to change type of symbols according to an
> attribute value (saving rotate according to another
> attribute)?

Currently it is only possible to change the symbol orientation according to an
attribute value. It might be possible to change the size according to value -
though this is more problematical as the ability of the observer to distinguish
relative size is less that distinguishing relative rotation (at least I think
it is!).
Changing the symbol type is probably not practical as is is assumed that the
same symbol type applies to all vertices in a layer. This would require (I
suspect) a change to the core Jump code (comments from developers please?).
Currently, as you know, the vertex label provides a way of showing a (numeric)
value at the vertex.

> I found an alternative way to it using labels for
> symbols (with extra fonts); but I still think that, if
> this will nicelly completed your plugin which becomes
> extremely useful in OJ.
>

> 3) a vertex symbol plugin changed radically the idea
> of labels. If people want to use labels with their
> symbols they found the difficulties that labels will
> be always on the top of them (expecially with big
> sized symbols). The question is : how difficult is to
> influence the label style in order that labels always
> stay outside defined size of symbols?

This would require an option in the core to set an offset for the label,
according to the size of the symbol. Developers - any ideas?

> I thank you in advance for the answer and thanks again
> for the good job you make (very good the idea of WKT
> symbols!)
>

> Peppe

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because jump-pilot-devel@lists.sourceforge.net is
subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/jump-pilot/feature-requests/

To unsubscribe from further messages, a project admin can change settings at
https://sourceforge.net/p/jump-pilot/admin/feature-requests/options.  Or, if
this is a mailing list, you can unsubscribe from the mailing list.