Hi Michael.
thanks for the comment. I made again the test removing that part of the
code and I had no evidence of that bug (no spaghetti like shape). I was
expecting some out of memory message that I didn't have, maybe because
37-39 raster layers loaded still use lesser memory that OJ uses on my PC
(currently 6 Gb but I use Ubuntu Mate).
I have no idea why that code was made for. If the reason was to avoid OJ to
use more than 50% of RAM available to draw raster into the view, we can
increase it to 70%. Or to reduce memory consumption on that process.
Peppe