Hi Michael, Ed,

Sorry for this late answer, schools have been closed here this year and I'm just back at work.

On 06/01/2021 13:51, edgar.sol...@web.de wrote:
On 1/6/2021 14:08, Michaud Michael wrote:
Hi Eric, Ede,

I started reading the migration process from Eric (very well done !).
agreed.

Thanks.

My first problem with the svn2git process was that it stopped on '(no author)'.
I used Eric instructions to create the authors file again and saw that it lists
a (no author) author. I added it in the repo.

Now, there is another problem with directories containing whitespace like 1.5
post_release. Error is :

cat-file commit refs/remotes/svn/tags/1.5 post_release: command returned error:
128
there shouldn't be any problems left that are not mentioned in Eric's
documentation. if there are something is probably amiss.

During my attempt to migrate this white space has been automatically encoded using %20, so I didn't encounter any problems at this level. See: https://github.com/openjump-gis/openjump-migration/tree/1.5%2520post_release

Don't know how to solve it, but before digging further, did we dicide what must
be migrate exactly beside history. Not sure the three branches from 2007, 2010
and 2012 need to be migrated for example.
generally agreed. we need the trunk with tags and complete history. the old
branches can be ignored, no one needs 'em anymore.

did Eric import those? if yes, how? if no, then just ignore them i'd say.. ede

I nearly imported everything, based on the previous discussions we had, including the equivalent of the SVN branches. See imported branches here: https://github.com/openjump-gis/openjump-migration/branches

How I did it is already written in the documentation.

The only change I would make is to use "main" rather than "master" as the main branch, following the default Github setup which has evolved in link with the BLM movement.

By the way, happy new year to everyone! I wish you all the best.
Eric