Hi Ede, Michael,
>vertex plugin has also been used by Peppe in cadtools I think
Yes. CadTools has a block section connected to CadPlan Vertex Symbol
libraries:
a)  CadTools uses CadPlan symbol WKT files, located into VertexImages
folder, as blocks
b) CadTools can save geometries as WKT files ( into VertexImages folder)
which in turn can be used by Cadplan Vertex Symbol plugin as symbology