Ede, Peppe

EPSG is good at listing all known coordinate systems in the world but unfortunately,

standardization to describe them is a slow process and we sometime have to deal with

different identifiers (ex. epsg/esri), names (wkt/esri convention), formats (wkt, wkt2).

This post gives some good hints on this problem :

https://gis.stackexchange.com/questions/355184/prj-files-from-esri-arent-wkt

When I added pe_list_projcs_geogcs, it was because we cannot retrieve the exact

esri denomination from the srid2prj.txt which is based on epsg data.

I don't know why some srid are missing from pe_list_projcs_geogcs but it is an esri database not epsg.

Now, if the srid is not find in pe_list_projcs_geogcs, I get it from srid2prj as sugggested by Peppe but

this later does not follow esri naming convention. An "esri" friendly name can be retrieved

from epsg.io web site, but this is online. I don't know if they use a esri database or if they use

some rules to make names esri friendly as discussed in the post.

Michaël

envoyé : 21 août 2022 à 13:20
de : edgar.sol...@web.de
à : jump-pilot-devel@lists.sourceforge.net
objet : Re: [JPP-Devel] OpenJUMP throws a null point exception if coord_ref_sys is found