  From: FAHAD ALI KHAN
  To: Alex
  Cc: juniper-nsp
  Sent: Wednesday, January 24, 2007 8:24 AM
  Subject: Re: [j-nsp] L2circuit martini issue....!

  Thanx Alex....!

  FREEK works....but there comes another issue like that....as we transport
VLAN-TCC and VLAN-CCC clients. If there lastmile goes down.....VLAN BPDUs will
still recieve over Turnk port (Switch to Juniper). So it coz L2Circuit to
remain up.

  I look for the Ethernet/VLAN OAM that defines in 802.3ah. but its
implementation is not possible on all layer 2 Switches.
  Also work on these standards are still in process.

  can u ppl tell me, Is there any other thing that can help me to detect the
end to end failure for Layer 2 VPNs (CCC or TCC) like FREEK do for FR. Im
looking for OAM or BFD....features.....does they can solve the issue.....!

  Regards

  Fahad Ali Khan