On 31/10/2007, Farhan Jaffer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> 3) What is the usual practice of providers while using L2VPN, will this
> small range of VLAN Ids enough for them? OR there are other techniques?

  In our case, we just treat L2VPNs as transparent, and let the
customer send whatever they want.  Tagged, untagged, whatever.  We use
ethernet-ccc encapsulation for this, of course.  We have yet to come
up with a situation where we needed to care about VLANs for L2VPN
customers (unless we need to q-in-q them across a trunk port from an
aggregation device, in which case 512 would still be plenty per-trunk
port for us).

David