On Fri, Jan 04, 2008 at 12:54:15PM +0000, Mike Hughes wrote:
> Hi Jared,
>
> I guess you're list admin for extreme-nsp, just in case you've not noticed,
> we've had an attack of spam on extreme-nsp since New Year.
>
> >From the headers looks like it may actually be using real but throwaway
> gmail.com/yahoo.com addresses, which are probably even signed up to the
> list, so it's not like the list being "subscriber post only" would help.

        I just caught someone else.. what they're doing is subbing to
the list (actually a lot of lists on puck) and there was that blogger
crap and just now there was some [EMAIL PROTECTED] address.

        sigh.

        hard to do something about this without setting
moderate new users flag.

        will think about setting that if this keeps up.

        - jared

--
Jared Mauch  | pgp key available via finger from [EMAIL PROTECTED]