Are there any debug possibilities for IPsec?

Am 26.07.2008 um 23:06 schrieb GIULIANO (UOL):

Matthias,

JUNOS 9.1R2.1 does not need IPSec VPN License.

It came as a default feature.

There is some configuration example:

http://www.wztech.com.br/config/junos-ipsec-config

For 2320 and 2350 you add the hardware acceleration module:

JXH-HC2-S   J2320, J2350 Hardware Crytographic Acceleration Module

I think J-4350 and J-6350 will NOT have any problems with IPSec processing.

Att,

Giuliano

Hi!
I presume GRE would be less cpu intensive? I think when the link goes down a somewhat slower interconnectivity would be sufficient. At the moment we have 100 Mbit links to the internet on both sides, so it would be great to have that bandwidth also over the tunnel. As far as I know, these are blank boxes, without additional VPN licenses, so I presume IPsec would not be the right decision. But if it is possible to use an IPsec tunnel to build an iBGP session, I will play with it ;)