Hi all,

I have a new MX480 here, equipped with only

  1 x quad 10GE blade
  3 x power supplies

So this is a pretty unloaded box. To start with, only two of the 10GE ports are going to have optics inserted.

I'm trying to work out the smallest N+1 power configuration I can organise for this box, since the regular Juniper instructions (3 x 15A @ 220V AC) is not practical in the suite where this box will start its life.

Can I expect to be able to get away with 3 x 15A @ 110V AC for this chassis, as configured right now, and have the box stay up if one of them fails? Or maybe 3 x 20A @ 110V AC?

Do I need different power supplies for 110V or 220V?

The Juniper docs on the M480 power configuration are ambiguous and confusing to me, although perhaps that's because I'm not an electrician. :-)

Joe