--- [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
From: ying zhang <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

We experienced a TCP SYN attack from internet today (about 350,000 pps). Our
internet pipe with ISP is 300Mb/s. The attack caused our BGP peer to be tear
down. Just wondering why this could happen if our pipe is not fully saturated?
Shouldn't the BGP packets have the highest priority? Is there a way to stop it
proactively? We have a Juniper M120.

Was the attack directed at the router or through it?  If it was at the router
itself, maybe it's because the CPU was at 100% for a long enough time to cause
the router to drop the session.  Is there only one BGP session on the router or
more?  If more, did all sessions drop?

scott