Hi there,

we have a M7i with 756 MB Ram here. At the moment the router has Junos 8.5 on it, but we would like to update it to 9.2. But obviously I need to match some requirements.

There is the Flash space which has to be 1 GB of space. Unfortunatly I do not have a compact flash space, but a hard disk. Is the 20 GB of hard disk space also meant by the 1 GB space requirement or do I have to plug in a 1 GB compact flash card?

Then I have learnt, that somewhere between 8.5 and 9.2 some firewall rules are needed in the router. Until now I have upgraded the system and then put in the needed commands manually or have used the router config file which does some kind of factory reset. Is there a secure way to enable these rules and also keep the custom configuration, ie. updating the software and have the system configured as router from the firewall side?

Regards,

Matthias