Hi Matthias,

> I wonder now, which is the event, that triggered this behavious? The
> numer of ssh-logins at that time or this zbexpected EOF?

I would with good deal of assurance conclude that the cause were ssh-login attack which apparently starved the poor box to it's memory limits.

When even your kernel spins a panic message on the low of memory due to such attack control plane can exhibit quite unexpected behavior. In my opinion end-of-frame BGP message is just a consequence of this.

The advice would be to:

* open a case with jtac to find out why subsequent ssh-logins cause a memory leak

* reduce to very max rate-limiting for the ssh logins

Cheers,
R.

Hi!

Last night we had a mysterious behaviour on our router. On a BGP connection with Cogent we received an unexpected EOF. There were also a great number of SSH logins (we do not have FW rules in place, but we have a rate limit, Shortly after the router complained about low memory and a few BGP sessions drop down (oviosly the one, which are memory exhausting),

I wonder now, which is the event, that triggered this behavious? The numer of ssh-logins at that time or this zbexpected EOF?

The log of that time: