On May 25, 2009, at 8:32 AM, Matthias Gelbhardt wrote:

Hi!

Today we received our IPv6 prefix from RIPE. There are many projects in the pipeline, so we would like to enable our network with IPv6 and would like to start new projects with default deployment in IPv6.

What would be the best practice to bring our backbone to IPv6? Would one use a virtual router for this? Or is it doable to configure IPv6 in parallel to my other configuration?

You can configure IPv4 and IPv6 on the same "wire" and is the method that I personally recommend. If you keep your IPv6 and IPv4 topologies identical it will avoid many problems.

- Jared