On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 03:10:28PM +0300, Walaa Abdel razzak wrote:
> show chassis alarms
>
> 2 alarms currently active
>
> Alarm time               Class  Description
>
> 2009-07-28 02:45:51 UTC  Minor  Check CB 1 Fabric Chip 0
>
> 2009-07-28 02:45:51 UTC  Minor  Backup RE Active
>

> I need to know the meaning of the CB 1 Fabric Chip 0 alarm and if it's
> harmful or not and how to resolve.

Check your logs - there should be some reasons given for the alarm.
We recently saw this and the box had logged a series of CRC errors
from that chip.  JTAC issued an RMA.  It seems there's an extremely
rare software issue that can sometimes log CRC errors on the MX
SCB, but that in the vast majority of cases, it just means that the
board is flaky.

Ross

--
Ross Vandegrift
r...@kallisti.us

"If the fight gets hot, the songs get hotter.  If the going gets tough,
the songs get tougher."
        --Woody Guthrie