Hi Dermot,

I can't say I've ever tried using a sub-interface for PPPoE before, but here's a config snippet for creating the ppp interface and binding it to the logical interface you've already created:

interfaces {
        pp0 {
            unit 0 {
                ppp-options {
                    chap {
default-chap-secret "$9$te9Jp0IXxd24ZxN4ZDHTQ"; ## SECRET-DATA
                        local-name "u...@domain.com.au";
                        passive;
                    }
                }
                pppoe-options {
                    underlying-interface fe-0/0/0.128;
                    client;
                }
                no-keepalives;
                family inet {
                    mtu 1452;
                    negotiate-address;
                }
            }
        }
}

You can't specify an ethernet interface as a next hop, but you can specify the pp0.0 interface.

Cheers,

Ben