EX is also not enforced. It generates an annoying message in the messages log, and raises an alarm, but it will work
Ralph. -----Original Message----- From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Patrik Olsson Sent: woensdag 7 oktober 2009 11:31 To: Markus Groß Cc: [email protected] Subject: Re: [j-nsp] EX Routing Throughput Hello, the license is honoured base I think. At least on M/T. It is enforced on J series. EX is unclear to me... Patrik > Hi, > > Patrik Olsson schrieb: >>> One rather annoying thing you should be aware of is that you will need >>> to purchase a separate license to run OSPFv3 (even though OSPFv2 is >>> included in the base image). >> >> I heard rumors that the IPv6 stuff will be free in later release of >> JUNOS... at least for M/T stuff... so logically I hope EX stuff follows >> that lead... > > some weeks ago I asked our sales if there are any news. He told me, that > you need a license for IPv6 for the ex- as well as for the m-series. So > I assume the situation hasn't changed yet. > > I hope Juniper will rethink this strategy. We would love to use our > ex-series switches to deploy IPv6 to our customers, but this step > would almost double the costs for each switch. > > I played a little bit in our lab and got a message that an additional > license is needed when I actiated ospf v2. When I did the same stuff > (added IPv6 addresses and configured route advertisement) > with static routes, no warning appeared. I asked our sales, if this > means that no license is required but he negated that. > > Regards > Markus > > > _______________________________________________ > juniper-nsp mailing list [email protected] > https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/juniper-nsp _______________________________________________ juniper-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/juniper-nsp _______________________________________________ juniper-nsp mailing list [email protected] https://puck.nether.net/mailman/listinfo/juniper-nsp

