On Sunday 25 October 2009 10:23:51 pm Paul Stewart wrote:

> Just a quick question regarding 802.3ad...

Not to be pedantic, but turns out it's now 802.1AX :-).

> Is there a limit on number of members in the LAG bundle?

I notice your reference was to a Juniper ERX platform. I
can't tell you much here as I haven't worked with these
before.

But if you're looking at JUNOS-based routers, on the M120,
M320, MX-series and all T-series routing platforms, you can
have up to 16 members per LAG bundle.

Chassis' not mentioned above will only support 8 members per
bundle.

Platforms can have up to 128 individual bundles, but you'll
probably run out of ports before you get that far :-).

> Does it matter if it’s Juniper à Cisco interconnect?

LACP is the common denominator.

Cheers,

Mark.