Hello.

Recently we have purchased E120 to remove software-based PPPoe ACs from our network. During the migration BRAS challenged me. 1) There are several service definitions to count different traffic patterns apart. Customer's iface attached policy statistics and SM statistics are both enabled. BRAS sends RADIUS accounting packets for every activated service. Everything is perfect so far. Recenlty I have noticed that SM service-session RADIUS accounting data(byte count to be exact) differs with real IP packet length. It differs for 30 byte per each IP packet. It looks clear for me, that JUNOSe SM counts all of interfaces column overhead(ethernet-802.1q-pppoe in my situation) instead of raw IP packet length. But BRAS accounts the overhead for SM service-sessions only. In the same time RADIUS accounting for the entire PPPoE session is correct and doesn't include 30 byte overhead. So here is the question, is there any knob to exclude overhead accounting in JUNOSe? 2) The second question is the way to check particular PPPoE session status. So far I decided to utilise RADIUS CoA requests. The marker is JUNOSe RADIUS client's reply. I hope someone has more elegant solution for the task.

I will appreciate any suggestion.

WBR
Roman A. Nozdrin