> while searching on the net for "Flow Based router building limitation" came
> across www.anagran.com who have built the first flow based router(or may be
> second after caspian).
>
> 1) Just want to know anybody has worked on this device and how effective it
> is.
> 2) Also are Juniper/Cisco plan to build such device in coming future.

It depends on your definition of flow based router. Cisco used to
build routers with a flow based cache many years ago, and the process
of installing a new entry in the cache was software based (example:
6500 with Sup1). It didn't work very well in the face of exhaustive
address space scanning, e.g. denial of service attacks and similar.

I suggest you ask your account team whether Juniper/Cisco plan to
build such device in the future...

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sth...@nethelp.no