On 3/02/2010, at 2:21 AM, Mike Kiefer wrote:

> Pardon my ignorance with Juniper gear. I have a problem that probably pretty
> easy to fix, but I'm not sure how to do it.
>
> I have a single M10i with multiple routing-instances. It's running what Cisco
> would call "vrf-lite", i.e. no MPLS. Every remote site has either multiple
> vlans/vrfs or PVCs/vrfs. Separate OSPF routing tables are maintained end to
> end.
>
> I want to leak routes from one instance into the other and vice-versa. I ran
> a test on Olives and used the next-table command on each of two routers. It
> worked. When I try to leak between both tables on one router using the
> next-table command, I get a next-table may loop error.
>
> What I would like to do is generate a default route within the native VRF via
> OSPF and have all of the route leaking happen on the M10i. The end nodes
> would use the native VRF and default route to make it back to the M10i. I
> don't want to provision a VRF/routing instance at the remote end just to do
> leaking.
>
> Is there a way to make this work with next-table statics without getting the
> "next-table may loop"?
>
> Should I abandon the whole next-table option and do something entirely
> different?
>
> I would appreciate some pointers, and maybe a quick little config snipet if
> possible.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Mike

I would recommend that you consider using virtual-router routing instances
instead of VRFs if you are not using MPLS. You can create a RIB group for OSPF
and import the default route into each table via RIB group import policy. You
do not even need next-table, etc ... as you will actually copy the OSPF or
interface routes between the tables.

Check out:
http://www.juniper.net/techpubs/software/junos/junos94/swconfig-routing/creating-routing-table-groups.html#id-10439786

Truman