We have been running 10G R cards exclusively in our pair of MX960s - so far we
have had no issues with vpn tunnels coming in/out and we have many of them. We
don't run voip over that particular connection either. In fact, we've really
seen no problems with traffic going through them at all. We do run them
exclusively at the edge of our network as border routers for I1 and I2 traffic.

Typical I1 load is near a Gb and I2 usually has a few.

Will