> > You can "turn off" the netscreen flow style of forwarding and fall back
> > to packet based forwarding in J series and SRX for that matter. But
> > still, the perfomance number stays the same even if you keep the flow
> > based forwarding instead och packet based.
>
> It seems that this is (a) un(der)documented and (b) results in strange
> stability issues.  The box turns unresponsive during commits and
> eventually hangs (with just one BGP feed and 1 GB RAM).

We have, sadly, stopped thinking about J series as an alternative to
Cisco CPEs. We have several J2320 boxes in the lab, all running 9.3R3.8
(the last "regular" JunOS version for the J series). At this point I
don't see us getting any more J series boxes...

Steinar Haug, Nethelp consulting, sth...@nethelp.no