I have heard that NX2K couldn't do local switching and all frames must goes
to NX5K for L2 swtching. If the uplink NX5K fail, it will take some time to
recovery to another uplink NX5K. And NX5K doesn't support L3 routing, L3
routing is depend on NX7K..

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 6:35 PM, Muhammad Atif Jauahar <
atif.jau...@gmail.com> wrote:

>    Hi,
>

> > We are going to upgrade our Data Center we need 2 (redundant) core
> switches
> > with top of rack switches (Edge).
> >
> > We get two Proposals
> >
>                1. 2 x EX8216 Switches (Core) and few EX4200 Switches (Edge)
>                 2. 2 x Nexus 7000 (Core), 2 Nexus 5000 (Distribution layer)
> and few Nexus 2000 fabric extender (Edge).
>
>   Which Proposal is best and why? comments needed.
>

> > --
>  > Regards,
> >
> > Muhammad Atif Jauhar
> > (+92-33-3346-0000)