Pavel Lunin writes:
>I tried to test it myself on a couple of enterprise edge routers,
>forwarding just about 30 Mbps each, and got quite stable value of
>FIN/SYN ratio -- approx 90%. RST number is about 1.5% of SYNs.

Be aware that "tcp-flags" looks at the bits at a fixed offset in
the packet without checking to see that the packet is TCP.  This
allows the protocol check to be performed once manually in a filter
chain instead of checking it automatically all the time, but it
does cause some confusion.

The fix is to add at the top of your filter:

    term accept-non-tcp {
        from {
            protocol-except tcp;
        }
        then accept;
    }

Also you may want to use:

        tcp-flags "syn & !ack";

in term SYN to match only connection requests.

Thanks,
 Phil