On 3/9/10 4:40 PM, Richard A Steenbergen wrote:
Nonsense. The CPU usage might be ever so slightly higher in v9, but
neither is a major contributor to overall load even at the maximum
supported RE sampling rate. The only time you*need*  a services card is
when you want to do a much higher rate than the RE can support (i.e. you
want to do some 1:1 sampling, etc). The only reason you need a MS-DPC
for v9 is they just never got around to writing it for the RE.

I'm telling you what it's doing.. I'm not saying it's impossible in theory on the RE.

It's just Juniper don't do it, probably to stop people breaking stuff, i.e. protocol handling.
If you want that to change why not talk to your sales team