On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 02:21:57PM -0400, Eric Van Tol wrote:
> Hi all,
> Any experiences with 9.6R3.8 on MX?  I have 9.5R4.3 installed on some
> newly acquired MX boxes, per the advice of this list.  However, I

Oh btw, a word a warning about 9.5R4 after everyone has hyped it up on
this list as the most stable code available for MX. I recently
discovered a nasty little bug where having bgp "accept-remote-nexthop"
turned on causes rpd to crash if the interface your eBGP neighbor is
connected to flaps (PR 500062). Unfortunately Juniper is refusing to
build a fix for 9.5 because 9.5 has reached the end of engineering
support. The funny part is that technically 9.5 reached the end of
engineering support (on 2/15/2010), 4 days before 9.5R4 was even
released (on 2/19/2010). I guess technically that means 9.5R4 was never
supported at all. Great job guys, really. :)

FYI as a workaround turning off accept-remote-nexthop keeps rpd from
crashing (oh and btw when it does crash, it somehow wipes out a bunch of
directly connected interface routes from the krt in the process,
requiring you to manually remove and re-add the interface configs to
restore normal routing on them).

--
Richard A Steenbergen <r...@e-gerbil.net>       http://www.e-gerbil.net/ras