On Tuesday 23 March 2010 08:50:01 pm Paul Stewart wrote:

> When I did the configuration I set the ether-options for
>  100/full ... most of the ports are facing Cisco
>  switches.  All the ports that were hard coded would not
>  come up at all - the minute I removed the ether-options
>  they came up and appear to be ok.

Did you hard-code the speed/duplex setting on both the Juniper
and Cisco switches, or just the Juniper's?

We've been happy with auto-nego'ing all connections, including
with upstreams. Life has been much easier going that route. I can't
remember the last time anything good came out of hard-coding these
settings, or when we last did that, for that matter.

> Is this normal?  Also, I'm wondering how you verify what
>  duplex the port is running at?  Sorry for basic question
>  but for the life of me I can't find this in the output
>  or the docs...;)

[edit]
t...@lab# run show interfaces ge-0/1/3 | match Duplex
  Link-level type: Ethernet, MTU: 9014, Speed: 1000mbps, Duplex: Full-Duplex,
MAC-REWRITE Error: None, Loopback: Disabled, Source
filtering: Disabled, Flow control: Enabled               ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[edit]
t...@lab#

The above is taken off an EX3200.

Cheers,