Kessler, Ben wrote:
Hello -

I'm in the process of upgrading a lot of J6350 routers and have one that is
failing on boot after the upgrade.  I'm getting the following messages on
the console when the router tries to boot:

 OK reboot
Rebooting...
elf32_loadfile: can't load module before kernel

elf32_loadfile: can't load module before kernel

elf32_loadfile: can't load module before kernel

Unable to load a kernel!

\

elf32_loadfile: can't load module before kernel

can't load '/kernel'

elf32_loadfile: can't load module before kernel

can't load '/kernel.old'

I have a case open with JTAC but they're a bit slow to respond.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

I suspect you'll have to boot from install media and try a reinstallation - something appears to have broken during the upgrade. Worst case, the internal flash is damaged.

We've had that happen every once in a while, and a boot & reinstall from install media usually fixed it.

Kind regards,

Felix

--
Felix Schüren
Head of Network

Host Europe GmbH - http://www.hosteurope.de
Welserstraße 14 - 51149 Köln - Germany
Telefon: 0800 467 8387 - Fax: +49 180 5 66 3233 (*)
HRB 28495 Amtsgericht Köln - USt-IdNr.: DE187370678
Geschäftsführer:
Uwe Braun - Alex Collins - Mark Joseph - Patrick Pulvermüller

(*) 0,14 EUR/Min. aus dem dt. Festnetz; maximal 0,42 EUR/Min. aus
den dt. Mobilfunknetzen